SiteBank Catalog Online
The Break Away® SiteBank Catalog is one of the most valuable resources for alternative break programs. It bridges the gap between student volunteers and nonprofit organizations interested in hosting alternative break volunteer groups. Students are able to spend less time searching for places to work and more time planning the transformative aspects of their breaks, including the Break Away Eight Quality Components.
The SiteBank is one of the many benefits offered to Break Away Chapter Schools. Invest in the future of your program and its participants by joining Break Away. Break Away Chapter Schools may click here to login to the members area, including access to the SiteBank.
|Click here to see a sample SiteBank listing. Click here to learn more about developing an alternative break host site.
HOW THE SITEBANK WORKS:
- Step 1: Choose a Site
- Search our database of hundreds of organizations interested in hosting Break Away volunteer groups. Agencies can be sorted alphabetically, by location, or by their primary social issue focus. Simply click on an agency to display relevant information, including contact information, sample volunteer descriptions, application fees or requested donations, housing information, and much more. Each listing offers a variety of icons to help you quickly determine if the site will suit your needs. Please see the Icon Legend for a description of what each icon represents.
- Step 2: Make Contact
- Use the information provided with each listing to contact the organization about their needs and your volunteer interests to determine if they are a good match for your program. Be sure to mention that you found their name listed in the national Break Away SiteBank. Mention your relationship with Break Away, as many non-profit Host Sites prefer to work with schools that have been trained by Break Away and are committed to incorporating the Break Away Eight Components of a quality alternative break experience.
- Step 3: Develop a Relationship
- Follow-up with the agency via letter or e-mail to confirm dates, times, fee payments or donations, next steps, etc. Begin discussing expectations that you have for the agency and that they have for your group so that all partners are on the same page. In the event that you experience major changes in those expectations (increase/decrease in number of volunteers, varying arrival times, cancellations, etc.), let the Host Site know immediately! Additionally, if you consider an agency as a "back up" project, make sure they are aware of that. Most Host Sites dedicate tremendous time and energy to coordinating alternative break experiences that lend themselves to the Break Away Eight Quality Components and Active Citizen philosophy. Last-minute changes in numbers, dates, and times can potentially have a profound impact on the organization as well as its relationship with Break Away.
- Other Considerations
- If you find outdated information in the SiteBank, please notify Break Away so we may update our database. Break Away strives to develop relationships with organizations listed in the SiteBank. However, Break Away: the Alternative Break Connection, Inc. does not have any legal relationship with agencies in the SiteBank and cannot vouch for the actions of any particular organization. Additionally, neither inclusion in the SiteBank nor nonprofit membership to Break Away represent endorsement by Break Away: the Alternative Break Connection, Inc.