(Approved & Adopted Fall 2018)
Break Away’s current strategic framework focuses us on what we believe is most important for our national organization as we work to create a society of active citizens. It challenges us to organize our current and future efforts around three strategic goals and six strategic imperatives:
Advance Break Away to the next level - proactively positioned for stability and growth.
- Deepen operational excellence.
- Achieve financial sustainability.
Energize and equip more active citizens by increasing Break Away’s reach.
- Expand and diversify Break Away’s audience.
- Position Break Away as a leader in active citizenship.
Bring exceptional programming to campuses, communities, and individuals.
- Consistently assess and evaluate programming.
- Be bold and experiment with program offerings and delivery.
Every spring, Break Away is happily awash in nominations submitted for consideration in our National Awards. All nominations are reviewed by committees made up of past winners, current constituents, past Break Away staff and past/present members of the Break Away Board of Directors. We present awards during the Alternative Break Citizenship schools, where we share with our community the innovations, improvements, and contributions to the Movement that etched our winners into the annals of AB history.
It’s our honor to highlight the remarkable work being done with alternative break programs, active citizens, and communities nationwide:
Alternative Break Program of the Year
- 2018 | Baldwin Wallace University
Active Citizen of the Year
Alternative Break Staff Person of the Year
Community Partner of the Year
- 2018 | AIDS Services of Dallas
Alternative Break T-Shirt of the Year
- 2018 | Southwestern University