During the ABCs, Site Leader pairs create the magic of the alternative break experience! They work together to establish connections between the service and educational components and facilitate group building and reflection among conference participants. Site Leaders also assist individual participants in meeting personal goals for their program and supporting deepened understanding of the role of social justice in service work. ABCs Site Leaders receive two additional days of training with the Break Away staff and are able to attend the ABCs at a significantly reduced rate.
Site leaders can expect to:
- Lead a group of 10-12 ABCs participants - specifically through team building and reflection that establishes meaningful connections between the service projects, educational activities, and conference topics.
- Serve as a communication liaison between the team and service supervisor or Break Away staff.
- Develop an effective partnership with their co-leader during the week.
- Understand details and logistics for their group (as shared by Break Away staff) and clarify these for all participants.
- Assist with facilitating special events, such as the community dinner and social night.
- Track and report community impact with support from Break Away staff.
- Model exceptional dialogue skills, community engagement, creativity, and innovation in building the movement.