November 13 - 14, 2019 at Agnes Scott College
Ever wondered what Break Away HQ is like? Come visit! We're staying local and hosting the 2019 Staff Development Summit on November 13 - 14, 2019 in partnership with Agnes Scott College in Decatur, Georgia.
During the two-day gathering, we’ll discuss innovations that will energize and focus your work and create opportunities for critical dialogue among trusted colleagues. We invite anyone engaging in community-based learning or social justice education to attend! We'll hear directly from professionals at Agnes Scott, and other attending organizations and institutions, about their approaches to successfully developing student leaders and collaborating effectively between campuses and communities.
Join us for this exciting event November 13 - 14, 2019 - where you’ll have the opportunity to learn from campuses across the Movement, share examples from your own work, and build community with Break Away staff and other professionals.
We promise you’ll find “your people” here.Detailed Summit Information Register Now!
Attendees are invited to submit proposals on any area of interest within the field of alternative breaks, community-based learning, and social justice education. We’re interested in highlighting a variety of topics and levels of expertise.
High quality submissions will include:
- Theoretical underpinning
- Opportunities to discuss and share ideas around proposed topic areas
- New skills or knowledge and the chance to apply it to individual work
Sessions from 2017 and 2018:
- High-Impact Community Partnerships
- Approaches to Risk Management and Assessment
- Assessing Student Learning Outcomes
- Partnerships, Engagement, and Coursework
- Centering Inclusion in Recruitment & Selection Processes
- Examining Participant Motivations through Research
- Engaging Alumni in Lifelong Learning
- Supporting Student Leaders in Curriculum Development
- Utilizing Project Management Tools to Support Effective Programming
- Approaching Fundraising through a Values-Based Lens